Parent Professional Development
Below you will find a variety of educational information listed by topic for parents, teachers and community members. Help yourself and happy reading/viewing!
READING AND LITERACY
- Fiction v.s. Non-Fiction Read Alouds
- Fluency Idol
- Strategies for Struggling Readers
- Supporting Boys as Readers
- 7 Ways to Kill RtI
- Should We Teach Students at Their Reading Level?
- Four Practical Strategies for Enhancing Vocabulary Instruction
- Building Background Knowledge
- Reading Moves: What Not to Do
- Learning Targets on Parade
THE GROWTH MINDSET & SOCIAL AND EMOTIONAL LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT
- The Growth Mindset…What is it?
- Social and Emotional Learning…What is it?
- Even Geniuses Work Hard
- Mindsets and Equitable Education
- Growth Mindset Introduction and Resources
- Social and Emotional Learning Introduction and Resources
- How Talent Can be Grown
- I Can Climb the Mountain
- Growth Feedback and Questioning
- How Not to Talk to Your Kids
- The Happy Secret To Better Work
- Children’s Reading Skills Improve When Parents Adopt a ‘Growth Mindset’ Approach
- Classroom Strategies for Struggling Students
- 10 Strategies to Help the Traumatized Student in School
- Motivated to Learn: A Conversation with Daniel Pink
ENGLISH LANGUAGE DEVELOPMENT